JOIN US: Be responsible for communications that move people to solve problems, create opportunities and improve society.
As a PR consultant at Ellis Jones you’ll be responsible for communications that move people to solve problems, create opportunities and improve society.
Position title: Consultant, PR
Status: Full time
Date of commencement: ASAP
Applying your competencies in strategic communications you will excel in your use of the written word to create compelling content for owned, earned and paid channels. To reach audiences at the right place and time, you deftly identify and engage with media, journalists, partners and advertisers. You bring a network of media relationships and track record of delivering creative activations attracting strong coverage. You report the insights that matter and mine them for strategic advantage.
You will work hard to understand what your clients want to achieve and their constraints, and work within these to make success happen. You’ll continually be seeking opportunities where we can work to make an impact, communicating ideas, and forging new relationships.
You’ll be a supportive colleague to those around you, pitching in when they need a hand. You’ll take responsibility for delivering your own work to an excellent standard. You will be optimistic, creative, diligent and kind. You are ready.
- Securing media coverage and stakeholder buy-in for client initiatives
- Maintaining knowledge of, and agency input on, evolving communications disciplines
- Leading development of marketing, communications and campaign strategies
- Contributing to brand and campaign identity development, working collaboratively with the agency’s design studio
- Contributing to market research including facilitation of focus groups, conducting interviews, desktop analysis and report writing
- Executing public relations campaigns including media relations and monitoring
- Excellent content, copy, speech, and report writing
- Client relationship management – maintaining a positive relationship with clients at all times
- Supplier relationship management – maintaining a positive relationship with suppliers at all times
- Project management – including timeline and budget management and quality control
- Maintenance of comprehensive records stored on the server and Teamwork project management system – ensuring all knowledge generated is maintained and shared
- Leading and contributing to Ellis Jones marketing activities including generating content (blogs, social, collateral) and monitoring industry developments
- Leading business development activities – including building and maintaining networks, seeking and attaining introductions and meetings with potential clients, finding opportunities to present at relevant conferences and meet ups, responding to new business enquiries, delivering proposal responses, growing contracts under management
- Other duties as directed from time to time
- Colleagues across teams (social impact, design, digital, business development)
- Clients and prospective clients
- Influencers and stakeholders across your focus industries
- Media, journalists, content partners and advertisers
Your experience, qualifications & skills
- Achievement of media coverage from your work and networks; existing journalist network within our sectors or the ability to identify and develop relationships with relevant journalists and titles.
- Strategic marketing, communications, and campaign knowledge and skills, applied in achieving client communications and organisational objectives
- Outstanding writing, editing and proofing skills applied in content and copy writing, strategies, reports, and proposals
- Effective use of digital communications to build measurable engagement
- An understanding of qualitative and quantitative research approaches
- Time and project management skills – ensuring all project and retained work is delivered on time, and on budget
- Confidence presenting to and engaging with clients in a manner that inspires their confidence and support for the agency
- Strong computer software skills in MS Excel, MS Word, and MS PowerPoint (Basic Adobe CS and html skills an advantage)
- At least 2 years’ experience.
Key personal attributes
- Optimistic, purposeful, inquisitive, socially aware and relentlessly focused on solving problems big and small
- Desire to be part of a high performing, motivated team
- Consider context before you make decisions, ensuring informed advice and collaborative relationships
- Identify challenges and present solutions
- Never seek fault or blame
- Curious about the world