Senior Communications Consultant
JOIN US: Take your experience, creativity and drive, and use your powers for good.
Take your experience, creativity and drive, and use your powers for good.
- Work across major government, NFP and business clients, as well as emerging disruptors, in energy, property, environment and the arts.
- Join a multidisciplinary agency that is working at the vanguard of purpose-driven communications.
- Manage and inspire a talented and ambitious team.
We are on a mission to change society for the better through strategy led communications, creative campaigns and social innovation. Our team needs a highly capable, experienced communicator with an eye for opportunity.
You have extreme attention to detail, a passion for efficient planning and an ability to manage multiple projects, concurrently. You are unflappable in the face of pressure; you thrive when the chips are down.
You naturally inspire people, showing them what the future can be, and helping them get there. You adapt your approach to managing and leading for each colleague and client.
You collaborate well, bringing a structured approach to creativity, and working with others to find the best solutions.
You express your social conscience in life and work. You have strong environmental values. You can grasp the dynamic issues and perspectives quickly, working pragmatically to achieve results.
Your agency experience, as well as campaign, PR, digital and research skills will rate highly.
With us, you can expect to learn many new ways of approaching your craft and evolve your role and career. You will be in always supportive, and often extraordinary, company.
Position Title: Senior Communications Consultant
Basis of employment: Full time
Date of commencement: January 2018
This full-time role reports to the Director and is responsible for:
- Developing strategies in communications, marketing, content, brand and engagement.
- Leading multi-channel campaign delivery across agency teams.
- Developing creative concepts and communications materials of all kinds.
- Engaging with media, content partners, event partners, stakeholders and others.
- Maintaining knowledge of, and agency input on, evolving communication disciplines.
- Controlling the quality of agency output.
- Managing actual versus budgeted time and costs
- Effective management of client relationships.
- Managing and mentoring our consultants.
- Generating new business via professional networks, the agency’s marketing activities and growing contracts under management.
You will demonstrate:
- A strong social purpose evident in your work and life.
- Experience in a communications consulting environment or a complex, multi-stakeholder environment.
- Effective delivery of multi-channel campaigns, in complex subject areas, with diverse audiences, coordinated across multiple teams.
- A track record of success in public relations, content marketing or digital communications, with measurable results.
- Outstanding writing, editing, and proofing skills applied in report, proposal and copywriting.
- A sound understanding of qualitative and quantitative research approaches.
- People management experience, with staff who have been supported to achieve their potential.
- Time and project management skills – managing projects within budget, in terms of time and cost.
- Confidence presenting to and engaging with clients in a manner that inspires confidence and support.
- Strong computer software skills in MS Excel, MS Word, and MS PowerPoint (basic Adobe CC skills would also be desirable).
- Tertiary qualifications in marketing, PR, digital communications or journalism.
You are optimistic, purposeful, inquisitive, socially aware and relentlessly focused on solving problems big and small. You consider context before you make decisions, ensuring informed advice and collaborative working relationships. You never seek fault or blame; you identify challenges and present solutions.