Shared value strategy
We guide enterprises and teams to uncover opportunities and design strategies that address social problems and deliver sustainable business returns.
One of Australia’s first companies to assess and test the concept of shared value, Ellis Jones has been a prominent contributor to shared value strategy in Australia and, via the Shared Value Initiative and our knowledge network, globally.
What is shared value?
Shared value is a business strategy focused on companies creating measurable economic benefit by identifying and addressing social problems that intersect with their business. It is policies and practices that enhance the competitiveness of companies while improving social and environmental conditions in the regions where they operate.
Our shared value strategy services comprise:
- Designing and facilitating sessions with board, executive and strategy teams to educate and standardise knowledge of shared value, and begin the opportunity identification and innovation process
- Application of shared value frameworks and our Social Thinking approach to identify opportunities and partnerships
- Shared value journey mapping and direction setting
- Enterprise level shared value strategy
- Enterprise level systems, process and tools (social purpose statements HR and employee performance, taskforce development etc)
- Strategic advice and senior management coaching
- Initiative design and coordination of cross disciplinary teams
- Partnership framing, facilitation, design and coordination (‘backbone’ roles in collective impact scenarios)
- Business case research development
- Measurement design and integration to business systems
As founder and active member of the Shared Value Project, Australia’s peak practice body, we participate in and enjoy the insights gained from a fast evolving discipline. We also work with leading Australian academic institutions to place shared value in curricula and course content.
We view shared value as having equal promise for the positive transformation of corporations, government and social sector/not-for-profit organisations. Our experience is applied in all these sectors at sectoral and standalone business levels.
Work with our experienced, multidisciplinary social impact practice to develop a shared value strategy that is specific to your context, and driven by your team.