Senior Communications Consultant, Health
JOIN US: Change society for the better through campaigns and communications.
Contribute to a better society through PR, communications and behaviour change campaigns
- Solve challenges in new and creative ways
- Apply your expertise in the fast growing health and aged care sectors
- Join a multidisciplinary agency that is working at the vanguard of purpose-driven communications.
Ellis Jones is on a mission to change society for the better through strategy led communications, creative campaigns and social innovation. We’re seeking an ambitious communications strategist and tactician to bring a positive attitude and critical thinking skills to our high-performing health & ageing team.
The senior communications consultant is responsible for media relations, developing and delivering communication strategies and campaigns, and managing client accounts as well as mentoring junior colleagues.
You have built a career on assessing complex situations, finding awareness-raising opportunities and generating media coverage for important services or causes. You work across traditional and digital channels, seamlessly integrating activity and re-purposing messages for diverse audiences, contexts and devices. You seek evidence, briefing researchers and analysing reports to find creative ways to reach and move people.
Your health sector and agency experience, as well as campaign, PR, digital and research skills will rate highly.
With us, you can expect to learn many new ways of approaching your craft and evolve your role and career. You will be in always supportive, and often extraordinary, company.
This full-time role reports to the Associate Director and is responsible for:
- Developing strategies in communications, marketing, content, brand and engagement
- Leading multi-channel campaign delivery
- Leveraging strong mainstream media relationships to secure coverage
- Consultation with stakeholders to generate buy-in for client initiatives
- Developing creative concepts and communications materials of all kinds directly with the agency’s design studio
- Maintaining knowledge of, and agency input on, evolving communication disciplines
- Acquiring and maintaining knowledge of the industries within which work is delivered
- Controlling the quality of agency output
- Managing actual versus budgeted time and costs
- Effectively managing client relationships
- Managing and mentoring other consultants
- Generating new business via professional networks and the agency’s marketing activities
- Growing contracts under management through effective work and new opportunities
You will demonstrate:
- A strong social purpose evident in your work and life
- Tertiary qualifications in marketing, PR, digital communications or journalism
- At least 5 years experience in a communications consulting environment or a complex, multi-stakeholder environment
- Knowledge of the sectors we work in, particularly, health (mental health, hospital, health products and services, allied health, health policy)
- A track record of success in public relations, content marketing or digital communications, with measurable results
- Experience delivering multi-channel campaigns, in complex subject areas, with diverse audiences, coordinated across multiple teams
- Existing journalist networks within our sectors, or the ability to identify and develop relationships with relevant journalists and titles
- Outstanding writing, editing and proofing skills; the ability to adapt style and tone for a range of brands, audiences and channels
- People management experience, with staff who have been supported to achieve their potential
- Time and project management skills – managing projects within budget, in terms of time and cost
- Strong computer software skills in MS Word, MS Excel, and MS PowerPoint. Basic Adobe CC skills desirable
- Confidence presenting to and engaging with clients in a manner that inspires trust
- Demonstrated ability to build and leverage your networks to win new business for the agency
- Impeccable attention to detail and strong personal accountability
- A collaborative approach, working with others to find the best solutions
You are optimistic, purposeful, inquisitive, socially aware and relentlessly focused on solving problems big and small. You consider context before you make decisions, ensuring informed advice and collaborative working relationships. You never seek fault or blame; you identify challenges and present solutions.