For fifteen years, Chunky Move has been Australia’s boldest contemporary dance company, recognised for our unique brand of genre-defying works for Australian and international audiences. Chunky Move is also strongly involved in developing emerging choreographers and dancers. Our Maximised and The Next Move programs give many young artists in dance the opportunity to get their ideas off the ground and create their own work. Professional and aspiring dancers are offered subsidised Chunky Move classes and young people are given the opportunity to participate in dance education workshops, enriching their lives through dance.
Chunky Move’s ongoing creative ambition and success relies on the generous support of donors. Donations have a far-reaching impact, supporting the creation and development of new Chunky Move productions, and contributing to initiatives that foster and support a strong and vibrant dance culture in Australia.
How will the funds be used?
- Creation and development of future Chunky Move productions.
- Support for Chunky Move’s ongoing dance education programs including school workshops, Industry Days for aspiring dancers and Multicultural Arts Program workshops for newly arrived young people.
- Subsidised dance classes for professional and aspiring dancers.
- Support for the next generation of contemporary dance practitioners through Chunky Move’s The Next Move program which enables independent choreographers to take the next step forward in creating and presenting their own work.
- Fostering independent dance artists through Chunky Move’s Maximised program which offers contemporary dancers and choreographers support in the development and creation of new work.
Be part of something momentous, influential, beautiful. >> Support Chunky Move today!
image credit: rom_anthonis