Ellis Jones and Adage recently partnered to undertake research about Australia’s mature workforce. Mora than 1.093 Australian men and women took part in the survey published on 16 December. The results revealed a deep sense of mistrust between older employees and their employers and low levels of confidence about finding jobs heading in to 2014.
Key findings were:
- 79% believe employers don’t value mature workers more than they did 5 years ago
- 61% motivated by financial return as they head into retirement
- Flexible work times most important benefit but experienced in workplaces of only 39%
- Older workers ignoring Facebook and Twitter social networks when job seeking
- 27% had been looking for job for over 24 months
- 75% felt unsure or had no confidence at all in finding a job this coming year.
To view and download the full report, please click here.