2011 was a year of many changes. Our team grew larger, the world got warmer, Steve Jobs passed away and someone decided it was an amazing idea to document the tiniest morsels of life on the Internet.
So that you may get a bit of an insight into the type of person who works at Ellis Jones, we have produced a list of our favourite albums and, being the intellectuals we are, our favourite books of 2011.
…and here’s what we think of 2011 online >>Favourite website/online experience?
- RHOD: Gmail for Business. Totally outruns anything close.
- KATE: There has been no greater joy for me this year than checking the Melbourne Water‘s storage chart. I have been doing it at least 3 times a week since 2007.
- KURT: http://www.abc.net.au/tv/bigideas/
- KAT: Have enjoyed using SoundCloud this year. It’s a great way to listen to new music, uploaded for the people – by the people.
- WILL: http://labs.dinahmoe.com/
- KATEY: PostSecret
- ANNMARIE: Broadsheet Melbourne – great for an out-of-towner!
- RHOD: James Halliday’s Wine Guide.
- KATE: I am still yet to meet anyone who has not been blown away by Shazam.
- KURT: N/A
- KAT: NyanCat! (..actually a game)
- WILL: I’ve only got a dumbphone, but I would get this: http://loopyapp.com/
- KATEY: Flight Track, Soundhound
- ANNMARIE: I just got an iphone so I’m not ‘apping yet! But Viber is pretty sweet.
As you will see our tastes are quite varied, which may have a little to do with the fact that we’ve got a couple of different generations in the office (no offence guys).