Creating a competitive difference in aged care by capturing the Jewish understanding of ‘home’.
Learn more about this project
Jewish Care is leading a new era in Australian aged care with its small household ‘Hand-in-Hand’ model – recently endorsed by the Royal Commission into Aged Care Quality and Safety. To ensure positioning effectively responded to the diverse needs of Victoria’s Jewish community, Ellis Jones focused communications and creative on evoking Jewish Care’s principal competitive difference: an intimate and practical expression of the Jewish understanding of ‘home’.
To better understand Jewish Care’s target audiences, brand identity and strategy, Ellis Jones ran various creative workshops and undertook research analysis to provide Jewish Care with a clear strategic direction that would elevate their position within the Australian aged care sector.
Throughout the project, Ellis Jones:
- Ran brand activation workshops to identify ways to increase brand salience and reputational trust.
- Conducted market research into aged care and a competitor analysis to unpack their competitive differentiation against key players.
- Utilised design thinking methods through customer journey mapping to explore the various touchpoints Jewish Care customers would have with the brand before becoming advocates.
- Audited key brand touchpoints, including their entire suite of product and service collateral, online and offline.
- Reviewed their digital strategy including social media, websites and advertising.
- Defined a related-but-distinct visual identity and language for the Residential Aged Care offer, under the Jewish Care parent brand.
To demonstrate the Jewish Care difference and experience to the Jewish community, a range of outputs were delivered:
- An integrated marketing plan including digital advertising (SEM, partner eDMs, Youtube), social media, content marketing, DM and eDM, postering, stakeholder/donor engagement, employee advocacy, events and activation programs.
- Supporting assets for social media marketing (social account graphic direction, photography asset library and produced copy for posts).
- Website content and created blogs/news articles.
- Paid media plan which included outreach to targeted outlets, venues and locations.
- Marketing collateral (such as brochures and welcome packs) and posters/OOH (advertising in health facilities, pharmacies and venues).
- Video content introducing brand positioning, and defining the difference of the Hand-in-Hand model.
- An approach to activating and building community recognition/referral for the Seniors Living Precinct concept, Active Living Centres and the Hand-in-Hand model.
- Positioning of Jewish Care’s competency and whole of community support in response to COVID-19.