CASE STUDY: Website development for older consumers.
Mepacs is an emergency response personal alarm service, providing piece of mind for older Australians and their families. Since 1989, Mepacs has been providing their high quality personal alarm service to thousands of clients. A division of Peninsula Health, Mepacs is the sole provider of the Victorian Government funded, Personal Alert Victoria (PAV) program. The service has access to Peninsula Health’s clinical support team and aged care and disability services, ensuring the provision of highest quality amenity.
The challenge was to understand the market in order to put in place marketing and business development strategies to ensure the growth and sustainability of the Mepacs service.
Ellis Jones was initially commissioned to undertake a comprehensive research study, covering demand and value chain, into the private market for personal alarms. Insight was then applied to a marketing and branding strategy. The final piece of work was a new visual identity and website. The website:
- Accurately portrays Mepacs’ point of difference and emapthy with consumers.
- Answers all questions potential users of the service might have in a welcome user experience.
- Contains detailed online forms within which confidential information could be obtained and stored securely.
- Achieves world class accessibility.
- Hosts an ecommerce facility establishing a new, efficient revenue stream.
Within the first 24 hours of the site being launched, Mepacs reported transactions had begun without any overt marketing strategies. Over the next 18 months they would experience a 50% increase in private sales.
View Mepacs’ new website here.