CASE STUDY: Social media issues and community management.
Aged and Community Services Australia (ACSA) is the national peak body representing over 1,100 not-for-profit and faith-based providers of residential and community care and housing, and support for people with a disability and their carers.
ACSA’s national office represents all state based member of the federation at a national level, informing policy development in Canberra and executing national public awareness campaigns.
At a pivotal time for the aged care sector- the release of the Productivity Commission’s Caring for Older Australians Report – Ellis Jones’ social media team was engaged to manage ACSA’s Twitter feed, establish other social media profiles and monitor social media activity. The team continued to managed their social media channels during their National Conference, facilitating interaction between attendees.
I cannot recommend Ellis Jones highly enough for developing ACSA’s social media presence launched in conjunction with the Productivity Commission ‘Caring For Older Australians Inquiry’ Final Report.
Heather Witham – Government Relations Advisor, ACSA
Our social media consultants:
- Created content in line with ACSA’s key messaging
- Developed social media streategy and issues protocol to manage risk and respond to queries in a timely manner
- Produced detailed analytical reports
- Programmed Tweets to ensure regularity of content distribution
- Monitored Twitter and Facebook conversations regarding the Productivity Commission report
- Establish organisational social media policies and guidelines
In collaboration with ACSA staff and external advisors, Ellis Jones made sure the organisation had a visible and active presence, tracked and responded to the activity of key stakeholders and kept a temperature check on public attitudes.
ACSA has confidently entered the social media arena with a comprehensive understanding of the issues of interest to its key stakeholders and the benefits of social media to the organisation.
Talk to us about using social media confidently.